Grant Profile: North East Community Center
The NECC Transportation Program, with funding assistance from the Foundation for Community Health (FCH), addresses the huge gap in public transportation throughout six Dutchess County towns. NECC’s transportation program addresses transportation needs of families and seniors such as travelling to medical appointments and grocery shopping.
Our Summer Lunch Box, initiated and established with technical assistance from FCH, provides children with free summer lunch and breakfast. NECC was able to home-deliver nearly 7,000 summer meals to children forced to remain at home during the pandemic as camps and other activities were forced to close.
The Foundation for Community Health’s grant for general operating support will have great reach and provide much needed assistance for NECC’s essential programs. These funds will ensure that we can be there for our community.
A snapshot of how NECC was able to serve the community in 2020:
- provided more than 54,000 meals to families through our COVID Response food pantry since April 8th, 2020.
- home-delivered nearly 7,000 summer meals to children forced to remain at home during the pandemic as camps and other activities were forced to close,
- provided much needed baby, household, health, prescription, pet, and school supplies to struggling and out-of-work parents, children and seniors.
- safely employed teens from struggling families who worked 5,372 hours to help alleviate their family’s financial struggles, while preparing the teens with much needed job-training and socializing opportunities
- engaged children and teens in remote homework help, restorative circles, games, and educational activities during what otherwise had been a very isolating time.
Photos by: Christine Sergent
For more information go to www.neccmillerton.org