Rapid Response Stories
Catholic Charities Community Services of Dutchess County
Catholic Charities Community Services of Dutchess County (CCCSDC) helps solve the problems of local individuals in need: the neglected child, the homeless family, the newly arrived immigrant or refugee, the hungry senior, or the newly unemployed for non-Catholics and Catholics alike. CCCSDC is a resource for needy families and individuals in Dutchess County, offering a wide array of free and professionally administered direct services to county residents at our main office in downtown Poughkeepsie and throughout the county.
Kinship Circles of Support
The Kinship Circles is a program for Hispanic immigrant women who are looking to be part of a network of support, seeking lasting friendships and acquiring information on how to access resources and services that are available to them and their families in the Northeast Communities and throughout Dutchess County. This information is then meant to be passed on to the families and then disclose the communities to be most effective.
Case Management is also provided. Case Management is a collaborative process of assessment, facilitation, evaluation and advocacy for options and services to meet an individual's and family's comprehensive needs through available resources to promote clients' effective outcomes.
The group invites presenters from local community agencies to provide information in the areas related to:
- Personal and family health
- Achieving life goals
- Navigating local school systems
- Improving wellness and nutrition
- Increasing access to local health resources
- Leadership Development
- Immigration Updates
Meetings are free and held once a month in the following areas:
- Millerton- First Wed. of the month (10 a.m. - 1 p.m.) – North East Community Center, 51 South Center St., Millerton NY 12546
- Dover Plains- Second Wed. of the month (10 a.m. - 1 p.m.) – St. Charles Borromeo Church, 62 Mill St. Dover Plains, NY 12522
- Millbrook- Third Wed. of the month (10 a.m. - 1 p.m.) – Saint Joseph Catholic Church, 15 North Ave, Millbrook, NY 12545
For more information:
Address: 218 Church Street
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
Phone: (845) 452-1500 Ext 4205 or (845) 499-1597