To register, click our ... Learn More
We are a private, not-for-profit foundation dedicated to improving the health and well-being of the residents of the greater Harlem Valley in New York and the northern Litchfield Hills of Connecticut. To accomplish our mission, we make grants, conduct research, provide technical assistance, and support collaborations and advocacy.
What We Do
The Foundation for Community Health (FCH) ...
…is dedicated to creating livable healthy communities in our service area. We work closely with our community stakeholders in employing a range of strategies to solve complex problems that impact health. As a leader, catalyst and advocate, we endeavor to develop innovative and effective services that focus on access to high quality health-related services and prevention/health promotion activities.
FCH uses and funds a variety of strategies in order to maximize the impact of its work. These strategies include:
- Bringing people together to foster collaborations in pursuit of comprehensive solutions
- Improving the capacities of local non-profits and providers
- Conducting and sharing research
- Conducting communication activities & campaigns
- Advocating for public policy change
FCH is particularly interested in addressing the unique aspects involved in delivering healthcare in a rural area and which also emphasize:
- Prevention and early intervention strategies
- Increasing Access to quality services
- Building effective Collaborations
Towns We Serve
Search Past Grants
Find organizations and institutions that received past grants from FCH by Program Area, County, State and/or Year.
Join Our Mailing List
FCH requests the Office of Health Strategy create a process by which it will be able to measure how well each Affiliate Hospital community retains a significant voice in determining and "tailoring... Learn More